Saturday, October 02, 2010

The Next Chapter


I just finished watching "The Social Network" and have been attempting to internalize the thoughts that have been running through my head since. Although I feel like my life is on the verge of another chapter entirely I feel a sense of stagnation. A sense that I need to move onto something new something greater. I have had this feeling a lot in my life I suppose i should give it tribute to most of my career decisions to date. Part of the reason I joined the Marine Corps among many others was my in ability not to embrace this fleeting emotion. Apparently locking myself into a law binding contract really helps with overcoming it.

My thoughts of late have given me more pause, Although I can not fully embrace these Ideas I can however begin to plan to put myself in a position to better execute them when I am in a position to do so. I want to be able to create and build and express design however feeling confined in my current state it creates a bit of claustrophobia.

I leave in a few days. I wont be back for 9 months, and when I do it will not be the same person who wrote this string of text. It will be a new more evolved state of me, I just can't help but wonder what he will look like and how he will act. Will he be more energetic? or perhaps stronger and faster? I fear at times he will degrade over these coming months though optimistically push those thoughts out of my mind. All I know is I can't wait to meet him and if all goes well show him off to my family and friends.

No comments: